Updated: Mar 16
This statement will continue to be updated inline with the latest developments surrounding coronavirus. Last updated: 16/03/2020
Kids in Communication (KIC) / Kicsters are closely monitoring the development of coronavirus or COVID-19 and have, using NHS advice, taken extra precautionary measures to protect our staff, visitors parents/carers and young people.
From today, 16/03/2020, Kids in Communication (KIC) have made the decision to cancel all Kicsters Clubs until further notice.
We know that it can be difficult to find things for children to do, that is why we will be putting activities on our website - www.kicsters.co.uk.
Becoming a member of our Kicsters website, your children will be able to take part in activities, discuss local issues, take part in our Kicsters awards programme, learn new skills and more, just like they would if they were at our Kicsters Clubs.
If you would like to speak to us and find out more you can contact us using our live chat feature at www.kicsters.co.uk
In the event where Kids in Communication (KIC) are able to deliver services and activities we will work with the following precautionary measures:
1. KIC staff are regularly sanitising and washing their hands before entering all services and activities delivered.
2. KIC staff are requesting all visitors and young people sanitise and wash their hands before accessing KIC services and activities and continue to do so regularly throughout their time with us.
3. Alcohol-based sanitisers will be accessible throughout our services and activities.
4. Equipment / facilities will be sanitised regularly to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
KIC staff, visitors, parents/carers and young people are encouraged to follow the advice from 'Department of Health and Social Care' and 'Public Health England'.
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
4. Stay home when you are feeling sick. If you have symptoms of coronavirus please stay at home for at least 7 days.
5. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin and wash your hands.
6. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE CORONAVIRUS:
If you think you might have coronavirus or you've been in close contact with someone who has it:
1. Stay at home and avoid close contact with other people
2. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
3. Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service ( https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 ) to find out what to do next.
The 111 coronavirus service ( https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 ) will tell you if you need to continue to stay at home (self-isolate) or if you need medical help.
FREE RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!